I saw this post from DIY Projects, and I knew I had an old shirt in my stash drawer, just waiting to be repurposed.
- Cut your tshirt along the width, in 1-1/2 - inch strips to make circles up to the arms. She suggests using a size L or XL, but mine was a medium and worked just fine.
- Cut two strips, 2 x 5 inches.
- I used the upper portion of the shirt to make a flower. Click here for a tutorial for flowers.
- Stretch your circle strips so that they curl and are big enough to be a scarf around your neck, four or five at a time. Make sure to make them the same size.
- Tie the 2 x 5 strips around the scarf on two sides.
- Sew on flower.