I thought would be fun to personalize some glass ball ornaments for family members. I found this tutorial, and followed it loosely. I loved the results, and plan to make more for next year. Maybe a whole tree of memories from Christmases past? I think that would be nice.
DIY Glass Ball Photo Ornaments
- package of glass ball ornaments
- vellum sheets
- computer & printer
- Pick out photos you want to use. Resize them so that about 6 will easily fit on one page.
- Print the photos on vellum.
- Cut out the area of the photo you'd like to use. I found that about a 1-1/2" by 2-1/2" square, with rounded corners works best. (It may take a little trial and error to find what size works best for you.
- Take the hanger off of an ornament. Carefully roll the photo so it's long and skinny, and put it into the ornament.
- Use tweezers to gently unroll the photo and put it into place inside the glass ball.
- Replace hanger.