Wednesday, February 9, 2011

earring display tutorial

I was tired of digging through my small, dark container full of earrings. So, I went to our local thrift store and found this pretty frame. I had seen something like it before, but with a screen on the back. I haven't had luck finding a screen. So, I used card-stock and fabric, instead. I think it turned out nicely.



First, I traced the shape of the back of the frame onto my piece of card-stock. Next, on the other side of the card-stock, I used spray-adhesive, then quickly lay down my piece of fabric. I ironed the fabric so that it would lay flat and adhere to the card-stock.

Using sharp scissors, I cut out the frame shape, and then placed it in the frame. This particular frame had screws in which to attach the back. When using a wooden frame, the back can be stapled in place. I found some sturdy studs to poke holes through the back, and arranged my favorite earrings!

No comments:

Post a Comment