Sunday, March 20, 2011

owl slippers

Well, they're not actually for owls, but for a little girl. I made Audrey these slippers, sort of patterned after Martha's felt slippers featured in her Encyclopedia of Sewing. I added to the felt some leftover flannel from the pajama pants I made for her because I thought they'd make cute soles. Also on the soles, I painted a glitter puffy paint (it's a bit hard to see in this picture) to prevent skidding on hard wood floors. I added straps with snaps. I thought this way, she might not be able to take them off as quickly as her other slippers. But, she is smart and determined, and the slippers are now stretched out enough to be slip-ons with the straps always attached. It's okay, though, because she loves them. And so she actually enjoys wearing them. Score.





No comments:

Post a Comment