This recipe is based on Alton Brown's granola recipe on The Food Network. I left out pecans, because I didn't have them on hand. I also left out the dried fruit because of all the fresh fruit in season. You can pretty much tweak it any way you like.
- 3c. oats, long cooking
- 1c. almonds, roasted, coarsely chopped
- 1c. pecan pieces
- 3/4c. coconut
- 1/4c.+2T brown sugar
- 1/4c.+2T maple syrup, the real stuff
- 1/4 c. cooking oil
- 3/4t. salt
- 1c. raisins or cranberries or dried fruit of choice
- In medium bowl, place oats, nuts, coconut, and brown sugar.
- In another bowl, stir maple syrup, cooking oil, and salt.
- Pour syrup mixture over dry mixture and stir until coated.
- Spread over large foil-covered baking sheet and bake at 250 degrees for 1-1/4 hours, stirring every 15 minutes or so.
- Cool on wax paper, add dried fruit, and store in an airtight container.