Wednesday, August 3, 2011

zucchini burgers

The one thing I have learned to look forward to the most in the summertime is the fresh produce. There is a restaurant we love in Lexington, KY, called Ramsey's Diner that has an amazing zucchini burger. I love meat, and so didn't even count it as an option the first couple of times I looked over the menu. Once I tried someone else's, though, I was hooked. My husband created his own version at home a couple years ago, and it is just delicious!

The photo I took doesn't even begin to do it justice:


Alex's Zucchini Burgers:

  • zucchini, cut into pieces
  • balsamic vinaigrette
  • butter & olive oil
  • onion, sliced & cut
  • mushrooms
  • provolone cheese, sliced
  • buns
  1. Marinate zucchini pieces in balsamic vinaigrette. Refrigerate.
  2. Sautee onion and mushrooms in butter and olive oil over medium heat.
  3. Grill zucchini.
  4. Toast buns.
  5. Assemble burgers, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment